Scholar Search User Guide
See also: About Scholarly Search
In addition to the basic filtering and sorting options, this search
interface also allows the use of Lucene query syntax in the search box. You can
restrict term queries on multiple metadata fields using colon statements like
journal:Science, set filters like
apply range queries like
Search for digitized pages about a topic from specific years:
Search for papers in Chinese matching a term:
Conference papers with an author name query:
A partial list of metadata fields is:
- type (eg, "article-journal", "dataset", "book")
- stage (eg, "published", "submitted", "accepted", "draft")
- lang (value is a 2-character lower-case ISO lanuage code)
- country (value is a 2-character lower-case ISO country code)
- access_type (eg, "wayback", "ia_file", "ia_sim")
You can restrict to records where the field exists with an asterisk like
doi:*, and negate any term like
This project is currently a prototype, with only a limited amount of content indexed.
Some known bugs and issues:
- web.archive.org PDF links sometimes return "not found" errors. This is impacting up to 1% of recent papers. In almost all cases there is a preserved copy of the file that should be available.
- Poor metadata quality for conference proceedings. Many are labeled "unpublished" and are not associated with
- Duplicate versions of same work. Eg, different versions of the same paper or dataset. We are working on basic entity-deduplication in the fatcat catalog.
- Mis-matching of file content or version with work metadata. For example, sometimes pre-prints or author manuscripts are incorrectly associated with version-of-record metadata, or vica-versa.